Barton Under Needwood Steam Rally and Family Festival – 15th & 16th July 2017
This year’s event will take place on 15th and 16th July at Needwood Rise Farm DE13 8AP, near Barton Under Needwood just a few minutes off the A38. The nearest town is Burton-on-Trent.
See a variety of large steam engines and miniature steam, some old favourites and some of which will be visiting the rally for the first time. You may even have the opportunity to try your hand at steering one of these magnificent machines, keep a listen out on the PA for announcements. There will be an excellent variety of vintage tractors, classic cars, motorcycles and bicycles of yesteryear. You will also be able to see a fine collection of historic commercial vehicles and stationary engines many of which well be working to illustrate how they were used in days gone by.
There will be miniature steam train rides courtesy of the Burton-upon-Trent Model Engineering Society
This year there are some brand new attractions and some favourites from past events. The Midlands Air Ambulance will be bringing its “pod” on the Sunday so that you can climb inside, have a look round and hear about vital fundraising. On Saturday only you can meet a meerkat, Oreo, and his friends. The fabulous live falconry display will take place in the main arena on both days. New this year is the must see attraction, ferret racing!
Don’t forget the ever popular miniature steam engine rides and model railway rides. Also returning is the amazing demonstration of chain-saw sculpture. Marvel at the magician, watch the brilliant balloon modelling and laugh at the clown. New this year is a gun dog display which will be taking place in the arena on both days. You can relax with a drink in our fully licensed marquee while enjoying our live bands. Pop into the craft marquee where you will find stalls, exhibitions and working crafts people. Visit the trade stands for an opportunity to seek out some bargains, collectables and antique tools. Children will love the fairground area and the opportunity to visit the ice cream van or old-fashioned sweet stall. Hot and cold foods are available all day with extra catering stands attending this year.
Entrance is FREE for accompanied children.
Adult admission price is a very reasonable £6 with FREE parking. Fees are payable for certain other attractions.
Those who enjoy camping or caravanning can stay the whole weekend at a cost of £25 for up to two adults and their children under 16. Should you wish to camp for just one night the fee is £15. Camping charges include pitch fees and admission to the rally and can be booked online.
A full programme of arena events will take place both days. Gates open at 10am each day and the event finishes at 5pm on Saturday, 4pm on Sunday. Arena events start at 11am each day. Programme of arena events will be weather dependant. Exhibits in attendance are correct at time of printing. All profits will, again, be donated to The Midlands Air Ambulance.
More information at http://www.bartonsteam.co.uk/
We’re delighted to announce that we have not one but TWO family tickets to giveaway. Each will admit up to FOUR adults plus any children under the age of 16.
To enter, please leave a comment below stating what you would most look forward to seeing on the day.
Terms & Conditions
- There are 2 prizes of a family ticket to the Barton Under Needwood Steam Rally which access for two adults and any accompanying children. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of the promoter (RailwayBlogger).
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday 2nd July 2017.
- Only one entry per person.
- The winner will be selected at random using a random number generator in the presence of an independent judge.
- The winner will be informed by email within 24 hours of the closing date and will need to email their details to the address given within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Railwayblogger is responsible for prize fulfilment and will liaise with the winner to organise ticket delivery.
- This is a joint promotion between Railwayblogger and Barton Under Needwood Steam Rally.
- By participating in this competition, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.